jueves, octubre 12, 2006

MY FIRST PRESENTATION

Hello:

This afternoon I had my first presentation in Linköping. I was in a group with a German guy, a Russian girl and a French girl and our objective was to explain how Starbucks can go in the Russian market. We had to select any company and talk about its expansion out of Europe. Like a Russian girl was in our group it was easy: a company in Russia.

Ahh, I forget to say that the subject is "International Business". We will have the exam in the last week in October (after my boat trip to Tallin). It´s coming!!!! But, previously, the next week, we will have to finish our report (6000 words). It will be the second part of our investigations about Starbucks.

At 13:00 the seminar began. There were three groups, more or less 15 people, and 2 teachers. I had to talk about SWOT analysis (this is DAFO analysis in Spanish). I am pleased with my presentation because I didn´t need to watch my paper and I answered one question of another group. But I had prepared the answer because the previous day we knew which will the questions would be (German people in each group told the other groups their questions, jejejeje. This is the German engineering).

Today, I remembered one month ago when I went in the Supply Chain Management seminar and I didn´t want to receive any questions. It was really imposible for me to ask any questions in that day!!!!! But things are different now. I are not frightened when I have to ask a question in English. It´s difficult for me yet, of course!!!! but, it is not as difficult as in august or september.

By the way, the temperature is lower day by day. Two weeks ago we was near of 25 degree, but now we are less than 15 degree. Now we have 10ºC at 20:00 o´clock.

See you!!!